Fine grit sanding belts - where to find?

I am looking for some 1 X 30 inch very fine sanding belts.
I use them on a bench sander to sharpen knives, and would like to find some belts with the finest grit possible, 400 would probably be ideal.
Have gone to Lowe's and HD web sites and they don't have anything in a fine grit. Went to a Harbor Freight store, no luck there.
Anyone have any ideas where I can buy some?
Thanks in advance,
Bob-tx
"Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote in message

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/860133C8/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=PB13001P&coreDsc=1%22X30%22%20GOLD%20SHARPENING%20BELT
$1.95 each for 400 grit These belts are manufactured from our famous "KLINGSPOR Gold" material. They have a very flexible backing and are perfect for use on contoured workpieces such as scissor handles, dental instruments, etc. This material is best suited for stainless steel and high alloy steels, but can also be used on other ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals and woods.
Specifications:
Aluminum Oxide Special Gold-Colored Top Coating to Aid in Cooling Resists Loading JF-weight (a light weight very flexible Egyptian cotton cloth) Resin to Resin bonded Semi-Open Coat
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/860133C8/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=PB13000P They also show a 600 grit inspite of what it says below These are our Premium Abrasive Belts. They are suitable for use on all ferrous metals, hardwoods, leather, aluminum, brass, bronze, stainless steel, and most alloys. You would use these belts where clogging or loading are a potential problem.
Specifications:
Aluminum Oxide (blocky, hard grain) Backings: X-weight (a heavy, stiff Egyptian cotton cloth); Y-weight (a very heavy, stiff polyester backing); YX-weight (a lighter weight polyester backing) Open Coat Resin to Resin bonded Anti-static to resist loading Available in grits 36 - 400

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/860133C8/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=PB13001P&coreDsc=1%22X30%22%20GOLD%20SHARPENING%20BELT
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/860133C8/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=PB13000P
Excellent site, Thanks a bunch. Bob-tx
On Sep 10, 1:22pm, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sanding-belts/=e09ont

Another fine site. Thanks, Bob-tx
Jantz Supply has what you are looking for http://www.knifemaking.com/category-s/73.htm?searching=Y&sort &cats&searchlt+30&show&page=2
Been grinding with a belt for 25 years and you really don't need beyond 240 grit, use a worn one for the final hone, or charge a very worn one with polishing compound to hone. Have yet to see a 30" belt sander that woud take leather stropping belt there just isn't room.

http://www.knifemaking.com/category-s/73.htm?searching=Y&sort &cats&searchlt+30&show&page=2
Looks like what I need. Thanks
Bob-tx wrote:

https://www.econabrasives.com/products.php?id 3&size=1x30
--

dadiOH
On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:22:31 -0500, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

I've been getting my belts from this gal for years- http://barbkat.com/sanding_belts
Price is right- shipping is quick and quality is excellent.
Jim