Filling big cracks in driveway...

I am talking 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, some smaller areas thicker than that...Here is my idea, tell me if this might work. (This is an asphalt driveway, BTW). Dig out the cracks with a can opener or something pointed to make some depth, blow out the dirt with a leaf blower, fill the crack liberally with quick dry cement, sweep off the excess, mist with the garden hose to set the cement, then cover the driveway with black sealant.

Is this too Mickey Mouse to work or what?

Thanks,

Bluesman

Reply to
Bluesman

Yes. Cracks in asphalt should be patched with asphalt, or asphalt patching compound.

Of course, if your driveway is cracking because the dirt under it moves, nothing you do short of digging it up and layingit in properly is going to work for long.

Reply to
default