Fabric glues

I do not like to sew and I am not very good at it. I have seen TV commercials for Mighty Mendit and it looked pretty good. Is it nearly as good as Billy Mays claims?
Are there other products that are better? I mainly want to hem pants. Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
Daniel Prince wrote:

dharmatrading.com. They have fabric glues and one comparable to the tv adverts. I haven't tried any of them, but their descriptions of reliability are clear, and I trust their information. I wouldn't try any on a valuable garment without testing, and then aparingly. You might have shadowing where glue stiffens the fabric.
http://dharmatrading.com/html/eng/4038382-AA.shtml?lnav=paints.html
Here is a tutorial for sewing a hem......very easy, doesn't need to look pretty on the inside....just need to be careful to catch part of a thread and not go all the way through the fabric.
http://www.burdastyle.com/howtos/show/934
I don't see the alt.home.repair aspect here - but they have that tape that you iron in, it's pretty simple to use. you tear off a strip, fold pants over it at your hem line - and iron it. It has an adhesive in it and the heat makes both sides stick to the hem fold. saw it on "What not to wear" for people who can't sew...

How about PL Construction adhesive.

Daniel Prince wrote:

Your local cleaners have seamstresses on duty and can do a professional job for not much.

How dare you put that name on my monitor!
PanHandler wrote:

I also detest the fat, bearded guy that's always yelling at us.
Most of his stuff is BS but if you like the looks of it, wait a while and you can buy it in the dollar store.
Fabric adhesives are old hat. Depending on your needs, a lot of household adhesives will do, e.g. I've used Gorilla glue to repair a fabric hunting boot and a couple of hats.
Try a glue gun, you can remove glue with boiling hot water if necessary.

I'm sorry you didn't get any replies from people who had actually used 'Mighty Mendit'.
What I was hoping to see was someone who had tried attaching belt loops with this stuff. Gluing up a pant cuff seems to me that it should be fairly easy but belt loops have a very small area for either stitches or glue.
Hopefully you'll get more response over the weekend.
Lewis.
*****
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

saturated, perhaps with some type of epoxy. That would look like crap. It is the nature of fabric to have lots of loose fibers and glue just touching the surface would not provide a strong bond....
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:40:15 -0800, Daniel Prince

Iron the fabric. Fold and iron. Pin together. As you remove pins, you are sewing.
I tried a fabric glue to hold a seam together temporarily. The fabric glue washes out. I prefer pins to glue.