electricity prices

Page 4 of 4
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:58:17 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

huge contracts to buy solar power ar a significant premium over retail - to avoid having to build new conventional or Nuke capacity. Kinda like the "we are only losing a little bit,but don't worry, we'll make up for it in volume" arguement.
Now on sunny and windy days they are selling surplus power to New York at WAY below cost - and sometimes pay to dispose of it ......
I'm curious about the cost of electricity in various areas. Last month, I paid $88.06 total (includes all taxes, fees, etc.) for 641kwh in Birmingham AL. What do you folks pay and in what general area?
On 10/12/2014 8:44 AM, CRNG wrote:

Sw PA (West Penn Power) including taxes, fees, etc.:
1183 kwh -- $111.47 Aug. 26 -Sep. 23, 2014
John
On 10/12/2014 5:44 AM, CRNG wrote:

PGE for Silicon Valley
First 351KWH at 13 cents Next 105KWH at 15 cents Next 246KWH at 32 cents Then 37 cents
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:50:31 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

And then people try to tell me that CA isn't a loony, lib hellhole. Boy, are you getting screwed.
BurfordTJustice;3295631 Wrote: > "CRNG" snipped-for-privacy@atthisdomain.gov wrote in message

That's even lower than Manitoba. Where is "here", Buford, and how is the electricity you use generated?
--
nestork

Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

Exterminate the animals and trash the wilderness and what effect does that have on the people?
--
Pete Cresswell

I never said the people who don't want all the rivers dammed up are wrong. I am simply pointing out that all of that potential electric power is not going to happen.
In the US we are blowing up dams. I tend to agree with it.,