EdenPURE Gen4

Page 1 of 2
What a crock of bull. They say it will save you money; HA! 1.5 kw is 1500 watts and if you run it all the time it will be about $70 a month if your kilowatt rate is 6 cents. If it's 12 cents it's $140 a month. They say you can save money by turning your thermostat down to 55 or 60 and use the heater in one room you normally spend all your time in. Bob Villa backs it. What a crock. $800 to $1600 a year don't save you crap. What a lier.
--
LSMFT

✖
It won't put out any more heat than a 35 dollar oil filled "radiator". At least they offer a money back guarantee.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/19/10 10:27 am, LSMFT wrote:

I happened to catch the end of an EdenPure infomercial the other day. Some guy was displaying the new gas meter that his gas co. installed because he was using so little gas they thought the old meter had gone bad.
Yeah, right!
Perce
Add pictures here
✖

Well, yes, it's crap. But there is truth to the claim that if you turn down the thermostat for the whole house, and only keep one room warm with their heater, it is possible you will save some money. The rest of your house, however will be COLD. You also increase the risk of frozen pipes bursting. Yes, I realize that pipes won't freeze at 55 degrees. However, pipes in poorly insulated areas that are normally held only slightly above freezing when the house is heated to 70, may drop below freezing if the house is at 55.
Add pictures here
✖

Not to mention problems with mold growing on the cold walls in the rooms that you do not heat properly. The moisture in the house will be condensing on the cold walls, possibly causing water stains, dampness and providing a medium for mold to grow on. I live in a northern climate, and my gas bill is under $700.00 a year for heating, water heating and cooking. Most neighbors have bills of double this because they do not have high efficiency furnaces nor water heaters. I don't need to fool myself into thinking I can save more money on heating by using such an electric heater.
Add pictures here
✖

Absolutely, You can do it with a $25 heater from Wal Mart too
Add pictures here
✖

Or you can turn on a lot of lights in the room you are using
Add pictures here
✖

Yup
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, "SaltyDog" is correct. You could save money on your oil bill or natural gas if you turn the thermostat down to like 50 degrees or something, and use the electric "EdenPure" for single room heating, but yeah then the rest of the rooms in your house are going to be ICE COLD!!!
Have fun catching pneumonia when you take a hot shower, and then step out into a 40 to 50 degree bathroom!!! But of course good ole' Bob Villa doesn't tell us that!!!!!
Add pictures here
✖
"MICHELLE H." wrote in message Have fun catching pneumonia when you take a hot shower, and then step out into a 40 to 50 degree bathroom!!! But of course good ole' Bob Villa doesn't tell us that!!!!!
Of course not, you don't catch pneumonia like that.
Add pictures here
✖

Now don't be injecting facts into an internet discussion. ;)
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

LAO! Good one.
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, I just caught the end of the infomercial this morning, and it's near the end, when Bob Villa talks to the "Home Improvement" guy about "zone heating", and turning your thermostat down to save cash $$$$. They show a diagram of all the rooms in the house, and the room with the "EdenPure" is bright Red, and the rest of the rooms in the house are Ice Cold Blue in color!!!! LOL!!!!
I think it's right before the biker guy talks about his "brand, shiny new gas meter".
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 24, 11:41 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

Again...Ms. and fellas, it's "Bob Vila" that is the shill here.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:35:46 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

Hey Michelle......funny to see you here. But it is intended as a compliment! I actually did take a hot shower with the house temperature at 50 degrees. It was because the heat pump was being replaced during the winter when I lived up north. I can assure you this.......there will be plenty of steam in the bathroom! I mean I could barely see when I got out of the shower because there was so much steam in the bathroom. Another thing.....if you use liquid soap, it will be quite thick because of the cold temperature. It came pouring out of the bottle like molasses. Needless to say I was in the shower as long as the hot water lasted!
BTW, I have been wanting to talk with you (and no perv stuff!). But your email box is full. Can you suggest another way?
Add pictures here
✖
I guess the "EdenPure" has competition now too because this morning I saw the last few minutes of some kind of electric, portable fake fireplace built by Amish people, and the people in that infomercial claim that they save money on their heating bills too, because they can turn the thermostat down, and stay warm in the room that the heater is in.
Yeah, and once again, the rest of the house is ICE COLD!!!!!
Add pictures here
✖
You can try the EdenPure FREE. They offer a money back trial. You would have to pay the return shipping. The secret to taking a shower is to keep a small portable heater (oil filled radiator) in the bathroom and run it for an hour before the shower. Or, get a unit that fits in the dryer hose that deflects dryer heat into the room.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 31, 7:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

...and make sure it's an electric clothes dryer! *L*
Add pictures here
✖
The name of the fake fireplace in the infomercial is called "The Heat Surge". It is suppose to be an electric portable fireplace that you can move room-to-room. It is built by some Amish people, and like the "EdenPure" they too have a free trial offer, where you only pay shipping costs or something like that?
The infomercial is just like the "EdenPure" one, where they talk about "zone heating" and how you can crank the thermostat down to like 20, but remain nice and toasty warm in the room that your fake fireplace is in.
Add pictures here
✖

A mylar reflective space blanket, down coat, duofold underwear, heavy socks and boots, mittens, and wool cap help, too.
Somewhat.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖