Eco-Smart Solid Hardwood Tree Trunk Stool

"Our Eco-Smart Tree Trunk Stool brings the beauty of nature inside. The stool can also be used as an end table, display pedestal or plant stand. We cut and shape the trunk to achieve balance and stability. The natural styling creates versatility so it blends with rustic, traditional and modern designs."
Cost: $349.00 after discount of 33%
<http://shopping.sierralivingconcepts.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid 3917&i)4596599&gclid=CMTJybad3bMCFQkFnQodCzEAxw>
What is this, hug a tree day or sumpin' ?

I don't know-- But what kind of wood is that? It has the weirdest end grain-- goes across instead of in rings?
Or is that not a log, but a turned and aged piece from a larger log?
I've always wanted a 40 lb step stool with no way to grab it.<g>
Jim
For $350 I'll buy a Stihl, and do it myself.

Need the optional brass handle accessory kit, for $199.95 more. Plus freight.
Thanks for pointing out the grain pattern.
Oren wrote:

<http://shopping.sierralivingconcepts.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid 3917&i)4596599&gclid=CMTJybad3bMCFQkFnQodCzEAxw>
As one great worthy once said: "The beautiful thing about a tree is what you can make of it once you chop it down."

It would be pretty in the fireplace, too.