Easy-off was sprayed in a Self-Cleaning oven

I have a rental property in which I hired a cleaning lady to get ready for my new tenants. Well she sprayed Easy-Off in a Self-Cleaning oven and now the finish inside the oven is ruined.
We've ran the SelfCleaning option a few times to get rid of the remaining junk in the oven. Since it seems the glossy texture is ruined does this cause any hazzard to the house or make the oven un-safe to use? or will cooking in that oven create any health hazzards?
shouldn't be a problem at all, should not have removed any finish , definately no hazard.
Dhiman wrote:

I can't speak for ALL self cleaning ovens, but I've occasionally used EZ-Off on mine with no ill effect at all. I wonder if the finish in yours was already on its last legs. What brand & model?
thanks for all the respones... and yes, I think she used a metal brush on it. So its that nice polish finish is gone from what my renters have told me. Its a GE Oven, not sure of the model, its only 2-3 years old at the most.
so is there a way to get that finish back? a spary can of something that will give it the gloss look? and also... just use Windex to get whatever is left inside will do okay?
My renters had a maid come in and its the maid who told them the oven is ruined inside... I know the oven works so I assume she could only mean the finish inside as that is what the renters described to me.
thanks again

I'd open the yellow pages, find an appliance parts place, and see if they sell any sort of product for resurfacing the porcelain or whatever it's made of.
If the renters seem to have enough presence of mind to do something easy, and if the worst damage is on the bottom of the oven, just ask them to consistently use a piece of heavy duty foil on the bottom.

A maid told your renters that an oven's finish is ruined... Nothing like getting first hand information from an expert.
If you run the self-cleaning cycle a couple of times, it will burn off whatever is left after the oven is wiped clean. The rougher surface will require a bit more maintenance, but it shouldn't materially affect the performance or life of the oven. It's unlikely that the person who used the EZ-Off did more than scuff up the surface, but without seeing detailed pictures, it's impossible to say how bad it is. In the worst case scenario, if the wire brush cut grooves in the finish, the interior coating would heat/expand at different rates and lead to spalling. I think this is unlikely.
I don't know of any surface coating that can be applied in the house that would stand up to repeated self-cleaning cycles.
Dhiman wrote:

Oops.
I don't think a "spray can of something" is going to be heat resistant enough to stand up to a self-clean cycle, nor would I really want spray paint outgassing on my pot pie.

I think you're going to have to go take a look at it and decide what to do from there. If it really is hosed, perhaps just the oven liner is still available as a service part? Or if it's not scratched too deeply, maybe hand polish with some rubbing compound followed by a polish (like you'd do to a scratched or weathered automotive paint finish)
good luck,
nate

Besides the EZ-Off, what tool did she use to scrub with? Maybe a scrubber made of metal?
Dhiman wrote:

I don't know that self cleaning ovens use any different finish than a regular oven. I myself just cleaned a 20+ year old oven at my new place with Easy-Off with no issues and yes it is self cleaning, the previous owners just left too much stuff build up in there for the self cleaning cycle to take care of it. It looks fine, although I ran out of oven cleaner before I finished the rack. I concur with the other posters that if the finish is "ruined" it was probably not in particularly good shape before.
If you go back and wipe down the inside of the oven with Windex or similar it should remove any oven cleaner residue. It's basically just a lye solution anyway, nothing particularly harmful unless you let it sit on your skin or huff the fumes.
nate
Dhiman wrote:

No hazzard. Just wipe off residue with water. Strong caustic can etch/dissolve glass and ceramics but products are not toxic although they are still caustic.
Frank