dual oven - lower won't hear

Mr. Fixits:
I've got a GE Profile dual wall oven, about 5 years old.
    model #JT950S0A1SS     serial #FV6 72054Q
The lower oven quit working. Neither the broiler nor baking elements will heat. The light in the lower oven works.
The upper oven works fine.
I've tried turning it on with the bake, broil, and self-clean buttons. No heat.
I've reset it by turning the power off at the breaker.
There are no error codes displayed on the controller.
The upper oven works fine.
Any way to run a self check on the controller?
In your experience, should I suspect the controller or the wiring?
Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!
- Bryan
Argh ... The subject should have been "... lower won't heat"
bl wrote:

Hi Bryan,
I'd first power it down, pull the bake element partway out, power it back up and check for 240V at the bake el terminals when you turn the oven on. A burnt wire or terminal is common there, and they often tie one side of both units together at the Bk el term's, so it affects both Bk & Br.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com