dryer vent cleanup advise pls.

I have a dryer I think its vents are clogged (seeing too much lint also dust when cleaning the house). Its a 9 years old house and I think its never been replace and I like to inspect it and replace/upgrade to newer metal duct. Appreciate any advise on this.
T I A
Sam
toomuchtimeonhand wrote:

Turn on dryer, tap vent in every place you can. See what comes out.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
toomuchtimeonhand wrote:

P.S. lint/dust comes mostly from carpets. If you got lots of them you should have lots of lint /dust.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
Hi,

Nothing beats pulling out the dryer and taking apart all the venting pieces all the way from the dryer to the vent hood going outside....check/clean as you go.

Solid metal is the best!! :)

Jeff. I recommend aluminum pipe as galvanized is not as smooth and lint will hang up on it. From past expererince. 25 years in appliance repair. W W

You don't say what the duct instalation is like. Is it completely visible to you? Or is some of it hidden in the walls?? If it is visibel to you then you can partily dismantle it and take it outside and clean out the lint with a stick, compressed air, or even a snake. If the vent is not completely visible and can't be dismantled, then you need to try to figure out how to get a snake into the ductwork. I unclogged a pair of dryer vents on a duplex that I own by removing the roof caps and dropping a plumbers snake down the duct. I had the tennents set their dryers on cool dry so that they would be blowing air up the vent. As the snake loosened the lint, it came blowing up and out the vent. When i was done I had one heck of a mess to clean up off the roof and front yard.
--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder