"drop-in" gas range sought

Page 3 of 3
Thank you for your reply. I looked at your recommendation. That's a "free standing" range.

John B some gas slide in style ovens have a draw in the bottom under the oven door i wonder if you remove the door the oven would "drop in" and a small amount of cabinet trim could match up the bottom gap?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 712&item874513101 note the drawer at the bottom looks like you could remove it and have the stove recessed about 2 inches at the bottom. i believe the reason they do not sell drop in gas ranges is WARNING WARNING Will Robinson (robot voice off) doesn't natural gas tend to gather in low lying areas... wouldn't a drop in cabinet be a low lying area....?? this older design might no longer be available because of the potential for faulty valves & fittings leaking into a confined space...
the drop in style most likely has a pedestal that some of the weight is distributed on. if you can lift the stove out of the spot slightly to take a look you might get a better feel for what you need to do to get it to work. measure the counter height to make sure the final height can be achieved with standard products...
also if this is an apartment, sometime land lords will deduct the improvements from the rent. talk to them about this...i would think you could neatly cut the bottom part of the cabinet down to accommodate a modern appliance. john

We have a GE "gas on glass" unit. It is the 5 burner 36" model but they make a 30" unit as well.
Tell me more. Is it GAS? Can you suggest a model number? Thanks.

After seeing some later posts, I realize that what we have is not what you are looking for. It is gas but is only the top burners, not the cooktop/oven combo.
Thanks for trying.

On Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:12:35 AM UTC-5, John B wrote:

HELP! I am having the exact same problem finding a drop in. I want andelectric stovebut do not want to tear up the floor molding counter tops to get it in there.What did you finally do? Thanks for any help out there. L..B.

know in 2021 what the answer is.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/9/13, 12:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you mean something like this ??
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On 11/9/2013 12:35 PM, Retired wrote:

They are seeking gas models.
On 11/9/13, 12:59 PM, Cunni Lingus wrote:

The 2005 poster (John B) wanted gas. Today's poster (laraebrownslp)wants electric, as in "I want andelectric stovebut"

Sears has a few: http://alturl.com/k63o5
On 09 Nov 2013, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

You better sit down...
On March 2, 2005, John B. died in a catastrophic gas explosion. The devastation was so complete that it was impossible to tell precisely what happened, but it seems to have been an alt.home.repair gone wrong. There were an odd number of limbs recovered but no heads.
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:56:11 -0500, Nil

Sounds like Malformed.