Driveway Green Moss (Algae?) ?

Hello,

Live in Mass. Have an Asphalt driveway that has a considerable amount of green Moss (algae ?) on it.

Tried Chlorox, right from the jug. Makes the Moss look unhappy for a few days, then perks right up again. Obviously, Chlorox won't kill the stuff.

Anything I can buy in HD that comes in an easy to apply jug, that really and truly works ?

A bit on the elderly side now, so something easy to apply is important.

Thanks, as always, Bob

Reply to
Bob

I've got mildew spray that works and it probably has bleach in it. You should wash off residue as it probably promotes new growth. Shaded areas will come back and require repetition in the future.

Reply to
Frank

Years ago I used bottle of iron sulphate (FeSO4) solution that killed off moss (for a while) May have been called "moss away"

Reply to
Shade Tree Guy

Copper Sulfate? (Bordeaux Mixture)

IME, mosses are hard to get rid of; any site that they occupy is ideal for them to REoccupy!

Reply to
Don Y

Don Y wrote: ...

no!