Driveway Moss Question

Hello,

Live in New England. Have a typical Asphalt driveway.

a. Lots of green "stuff" growing on it.

Not sure if it is technically Moss, Algae, or whatever.

Is Chlorox the best bet to kill it ? Or,...?

b. Will is die out by itself over the winter ? Totally ?

c. Same question for poison Ivy growing up a tree: will the winter totally kill it ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

  I don't know about your moss/algae , but the poison ivy will be back next year to haunt you . IIRC Ortho Brush-B-Gone will kill it - hit it in the spring when it's actively growing . Or you can chop it off where it comes out of the ground . Repeatedly , until it gives up .   --   Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs

How thick is it? A little bleach and power washer may take care of it. It will die out over the winter but will probably come back if not removed.

To rid of it completely, rotate your house so it gets more sun on the driveway.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If winter killed poison ivy, New England would be a much more pleasant place.

Reply to
rbowman

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Do gerbils eat it; how about the poison ivy? I had a very superior ivy killer from Am-chem. They are out of business now and probably contained a banned substance. It would be gone in two weeks and never be back.

Reply to
Tekkie®