Removing Moss From Driveway ?

Hello:

Due to shade, etc., I have a fair amount of really healthy moss growing on parts of my asphalt driveway, and brick walk.

Have scraped some of it off, but it's a rough job.

Was wondering if I spray with a Clorox solution, would this kill the stuff ? If so, what % to use ?

Also, if dead, will it be more easily removable, with, e.g., just a hose ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I have found it not any easier to remove it dead that alive.

I use a pressure washer to remove it from real masonry. Don't try it with veneer bricks. Test any area you are going to use it on.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

bleach works great 25% is probably enough

Reply to
hallerb

I have been using 100% vinegar with good success. That is, the moss is killed quickly and it stays dead for a long time.

I don't bother cleaning it up. The dead moss is brown in color and is not as noticeable.

No luck with hose removal. Pressure washing is forceful enough to get rid of the residual but you risk damaging the bricks, especially if they are cement bricks (paving stones) like mine.

Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

I use a string trimmer followed by a chemical base to prevent it from returning.

Reply to
Stubby

Sounds like a job for a borrowed, rented or purchased pressure washer !

Reply to
barbarow

But since bleach is cheap, would undiluted be even better? Or could it cause more damage than the benefit is worth...

Reply to
blueman

Pressure washer is easiest... now, if I could JUST get mine started.

Reply to
Steve Henderson