Mold Removal From House Latex Paint ?

Hello:

Have a typical Colonial in New England. Was last painted about 7 yrs ago with Latex White

Fair number of spots, high up, have gotten a light green mold (I assume) on them.

Would like to hose spray (too high up for me to climb anymore) with something that hopefully would kill the mold fungus, yet not Discolor or Harm the latex paint, as I would like to try and get another year or two out of it begfore having to re-paint.

Any suggestions that you feel are very safe, and also hopefully effective ?

Thanks, bob

Reply to
Robert11

Mild bleach solution, and a long pole with a scrub-brush, on a day when heavy rain is predicted but hasn't started yet.

You don't want to spray from the ground with anything that can throw water to the roofline, because you'll drive water up under the siding. And hose-full of water on a pole bent so you can spray down from above will be too heavy to manage.

Reply to
Goedjn

He *might* be able to generate a gentle arc of water from the ground, at an angle that wouldn't drive the water under the surface, but only if he really understood the issue at hand. Maybe.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Hi,

Thanks for help; appreciate it.

Can you define what mixture of what into water you consider "mild," please ? e.g., what/how should I mix up ?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Depends on how sensitive your skin is, and how much bleach you can afford. I'd use about 1/2 cup per gallon, and stop when the water running back down the pole started to dissolve my fingerprints, but I don't have any particular chemical sensitivities.

Reply to
Goedjn

Sounds like mildew to me.

Get some Tilex mildew remover or a similar product. The instructions say not to use on painted surfaces, but for me it¹s been OK if rinsed off very quickly, as soon as the green is gone.

Reply to
Larry Weil