Driveway drainage

My driveway slopes down towards the garage door. There is a drain pipe at the bottom that drains into a drain field (not sewer system). During heavy rains, the drain field will overflow, and flood my one-car garage.

What can I do to fix this problem, without connecting into the existing sewer system? I would like to do this without spending a fortune.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
soulshakedown

Where are you going to *put* all those gallons of water?

That might be a good starting point: calculate the number of gallons which can accumulate during the heaviest rain.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I assume your garage wasn't built on the lowest point on your property, correct? If so, run a drain pipe from the garage drain to a lower point on your property that can safely take lots o' water, and put a pop-up emitter there with proper seepage provision to prevent pipe freeze during cold weather:

A trench drain at your garage will also give you extra capacity with easy cleanout and is harder to clog:

mike

IF YOU HAVE A CONVENIENT PLACE TO DRAIN THE EXCESS WATEWR WITHOUT SAY FLOODING YOUR NEIGHBOR install a overflow outlet in the existing drain line

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt