Download speed slower than Upload Speed

Page 2 of 2
On Monday, January 5, 2015 12:43:17 PM UTC-5, Sasquatch Jones wrote:

hone cable between the Verizon test jacks in the Verizon interconnection bo x outside directly to the Verizon modem phone input jack. Up/download spee ds were exactly the same.

? No, it's just like I said. The only SWAG that I have for the slower download is that I'm measuring it at the uploading modem, and the downloadi ng transmitter is located 2-3 miles away at the central office?
What does Verizon say when you talk to them? They can remotely view the parameters on the cable modem, including the speeds, while you're talking to them. Did you get the replacement modem they sent you set up and working?
The speeds are the speeds, regardless of which end you measure it at. Stuff has to go in and come out at the same rate.
FWIW.... next Verizon stockholders meeting, May 7, 2015. http://www.verizon.com/about/investors/
http://www.extremetech.com/internet/179022-verizon-accused-of-tearing-out -copper-telephone-lines-to-force-fios-and-wireless-on-customers
Verizon accused of tearing out copper telephone lines to force FiOS and wireless on customers
March 24, 2014 -- Verizon has come under fire in the past for attempting to shove consumers off of copper wire and on to either FiOS or its expensive wireless Voice Link service but the blowback to-date hasn't dissuaded the company. Now, consumer advocacy groups and consumers themselves are both amping up the pressure, asking the government to investigate Verizon's poor behavior and testifying that the company is actively trying to shove people off existing copper deployments.....
From the article....

In 2012, Verizon's Chief Financial officer, Fran Shammo, told the Oppenheimer Holdings Technology, Internet, and Communications Conference that "we are really proactively going after these copper customers in the FiOS footprint and moving them to FiOS. So if you are a voice copper customer and you call in that says you are having trouble on your line, when we go out to repair that we are actually moving you to the FiOS product. We are not repairing the copper anymore."
http://www.extremetech.com/internet/179022-verizon-accused-of-tearing-out -copper-telephone-lines-to-force-fios-and-wireless-on-customers
Title: Verizon accused of tearing out copper telephone lines to force FiOS and wireless on customers