Dont install Vinyl Siding

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 14 May 2014 00:33:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"

Military housing - built as cheaply as possible. The only cheaper construction is on first nations reserves.(not saying it is their fault any more than it is the fault of the soldiers)
On Wed, 14 May 2014 07:48:58 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Not that I'm aware of. Kaycan. Gentec. and Mitten are only 3 of many companies still selling it in the USA and Canada (both)
On Wed, 14 May 2014 12:13:24 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

Mine is brick on the bottom and aluminum on the top. 42 years old - we repainted the aluminum with a top quality alkyd modified acrylic lated about 5 years ago because the paint was getting thin and almost transparent in places (white). It is wood-grain embossed and fiber backed.

Shake saws were a common way of making shakes years ago - a circular saw with a device to set up alternating taper (rip, not crosscut) cuts.

Never had any radio, tv, or celular reception problems with my aluminum siding

First of all, who in their right mind would clean siding with ACETONE?????.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

And I have the tooling and probably most of the materials needed to build a bandsaw version if needed ... including go-cart wheels and an unused 2-stroke enging w/built-in clutch . Useta power a tiller until I stripped the worm gear . Bonus if I saw them , grain isn't quite as critical . -- Snag