Do I really need 200 A main service?

Page 5 of 6

For every FIVE on unemployment theres just ONE job.
Unemployment is necessary. Without the obama stimulus unemployment today would be 25%

For every FIVE on unemployment theres just ONE job.
Unemployment is necessary. Without the obama stimulus unemployment today would be 25%
Bullshit, got a lawn mower, you got a job, got two hands, you got a job, got some initiative you got a job. Got nothin but excuses, you can stand on line with the rest of the bottom feeders and take obama scraps
On 12/6/2010 5:15 PM, RBM wrote:

RBM, you know as well as I do that there is always work available. I have no problem finding work, it usually finds me. My problem is trying to overcome medical problems to get out of bed and do the work. I often have to suppress the urge to slap a healthy lad who says he can't find work.
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So you say. It's impossible to prove "what might have been."
You recall that, without the "stimulus," the Obama administration predicted a peak of 8% unemployment.

well republicans ran on balancing the budget, and cutting spending.
So far republicans have agreed to lower taxes for the super wealthy, and more spending...
60 minutes had Bernacke report unemployment near 10% for next 3 years....
If tea party and republicans really cut spending much they will crash our economy, since ggovernment is about 1/3 of our economy.
No doubt thats because manufacturing has been shrinking for a generation:(

Hummm, 1/3 of the economy? The government should never be a substantial part of the economy because there is no such thing as government money. The government doesn't produce wealth, all it can do is destroy it.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The government does, however, produce money, but they can't even do an acceptable job of that.
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing recently printed $100 billion worth of new $100 bills. A substantial portion of the one billion individual bills are defective. The government is currently trying to automate a process to actually discover which of the bills to not put in circulation (to check them by hand would take decades). While these bills are quarantined, the Bureau has fallen back on printing the usual bills.
Each of the new bills cost about twelve cents to print.
Oh well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336287/Fed-forced-quarantine-1b-100-bills-printing-error-makes-worthless.html?ito eds-newsxml
On 12/7/2010 7:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336287/Fed-forced-quarantine-1b-100-bills-printing-error-makes-worthless.html?ito eds-newsxml
I thought The Constitution says that the government is to "mint" money not print it. :-)
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Well, yeah. But they make a small profit. They charge the Federal Reserve to print the bills.
As you said, the government is supposed to MINT money. That's where the government REALLY makes out. Every coin that is struck and put into circulation is a net profit.
On 12/7/2010 2:54 PM, HeyBub wrote:

I think it may have worked better when the coins were actually made from precious metals and the paper actually backed by the same.
TDD

Amazing. Now the Fed can't even PRINT money.
On 12/7/2010 7:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

If someone at the mint was smart, they would sell the screwed up bills as collectors items. :-)
TDD
On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 20:58:15 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It would work if they didn't sell many of them.
On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:52:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Someone probably has. ;-)
On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:17:05 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

them, they should just grind up the whole works and start over.
Worst part is, they cannot EVER print the same bills again, because if any have leaked out to the "market" there could be unauthorized currency in circulation.
Means they have to redesign and cut ne plates before more can be printed.
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 18:00:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's $120M down the tubes. It's worth a year of an engineer's time to try to figure out a way to salvage them.

Huh? If they get this Fubar fixed they can (and will) print all day and night.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 18:33:02 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

this first batch)
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 23:30:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I understand if they lose track, maybe. However if they simply invalidate the series and destroy the bills I don't see the problem. Or even reprint the same series. If some (good ones) leak out they won't even be noticed.
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:03:36 -0600, The Daring Dufas

The same can be said of the "financial services industry" - banking, stock-brokers, and investment counsellors

In my humble experience, a 200amp panel has way more capacity than you will ever use. Save the money.