Do driveway sealers really do anything?

Page 2 of 2
says...

So! Do you actually have something to say regarding my point? Or, are you to be off on another campaign, this time about Usenet monikers?
Banty

Using a nickname in usenet is a long established tradition and has nothing to do with someone's veracity. Using that to try and gain traction when you are losing a debate is a very weak ploy that impresses no one. Using your real name just adds evidence that if not totally whacky, (there's plenty of evidence) you are at the least, very foolish.
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas
Mys Terry writes:

Usenet is vile *because* of anonymity. For example, it allows *you* to insult respectible people with impunity. This is the very essence of cowardice, to harm without facing the fair consequences.
To this thread I contributed my technical opinion, written clearly, with facts and analysis to back it up, based on decades of homeowning experience with a solid engineering background. Some people make a constructive debate out of such material. Your contribution: a traditional spewing of banal insults while hiding behind a traditional (although untraditionally faggy) pseudonym. What bizarre amusement.

I think this response from you says it all. Thanks for bolstering my case.
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas
"BTW - On this particular subject of driveway sealers, Kinch thinks that everyone lives in Florida as he does. "
...isn't that supposed to be "Everyone like him lives in Florida"?
-Jim

In parts of the country where there are freezing periods, it will prolong the life of the pavement by sealing cracks. If water gets in cracks and then freezes, it expands and widens the cracks until eventually the pavement breaks up. Some sealers also protect against solvents. Spill a little gasoline on unprotected asphalt and you'll see why that can be important. If you do the job yourself, it's not very expensive at all. It also does not need to be done every year. Use the better (more expensive) stuff and you may go as long as 4 or 5 years between recoats.
In places like Florida, sealers are of much more limited benefit.
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas
On Tue, 23 May 2006 07:23:39 -0400, "Walter Cohen"

That means you won't need snow tires or chains, like the airplanes do.

Had realtives cin naples florida that sealed driveway every other year.
Sun attacks asphalt down there sealed they las a lot longer
Same thing for phoenix

black stripes doing burnouts in their hot rods.
aem sends...