DISH network tip.

Page 6 of 6
On 9/23/2015 2:43 PM, sms wrote:

Allegedly, the bit rate was set to be "the fastest that the mechanism could support"! :>
I had one salvaged from a Trendata terminal. i still have the manuals and typeballs (but gave up the Selectric as it was heavy to cart around with me each time I moved). Also had another specialty "small selectric" that was part of the Edityper "word processor" (70's vintage) -- paper tape based.
And, I still have an ASR33 collecting dust! I should eBay it...
On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:40:06 -0700, Don Y

That is true. The console model selectric printer could go 15 cps but the 2741 used a modified office typewriter and it was a little slower. Back in those days Ma Bell pretty much had a monopoly on modems and you did not want to rent a faster one than you needed

Plenty fast enough to keep a selectric going full tilt
Don Y posted for all of us...

And neither is their tech support.
--
Tekkie