Diluting Interior Primer

Just finished one room with Behr Acrylic Primer. The primer was good but little bit too oily and showed a few drip marks where I applied the primer too thick. I'm about the paint the next room so I'm thinking that I should dilute the primer a bit for easy application.
I'm gonna follow it up with two coats of good Benjamin Moore paint so a little light on the primer should matter much. Am I right? Thanks.
is this primer in question latex or oil based?
On 24 Jan 2005 06:05:10 -0800, scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Latex Acrylic.
I think primer is formulated to be applied as it comes from the can. My painters sand between coats and this should take care of any runs. TB
I've got a paint sprayer that says it's okay to dilute latex with water... it said add half a cup to each gallon if I recall correctly.
I tried it and it didn't cause any problems when I primed.
Joe