Dense Shield

Is this dense shield stuff any good? Is it better than the time proven cement board when covering tub/shower wall areas? We are going to tile full height of walls throughout the bathroom.
Have been told by a contractor that dense shield is waterPROOF, rather than waterRESISTANT.
Thanks.
Regards, ~ Vince ~

Dont know about walls, we used it under our kitchen countertop tile.