Cutting leyllandii

Have a Leyllandii hedge that I'm planning to remove and Ideally want to use some sort of electric saw to remove the branches..
So far I'm torn between using a reciprocating saw (Scorpion) and a "lopper" (Mini chainsaw)
Will the Scorpion do the job adequately or should I go with the mini chain saw? Obviously the Scorpion will be useful for future jobs but will it cut tree branches easily?.
sPoNiX