critters eating insulation?

anyone ever run into any type of animal /critter that could be tearing down and chewing the R 19 insulation in my crawl space. entire house is built over a crawl space. R19 is used to insulate the floor of living space.
pak wrote:

rats...cats...opossums...raccoons
any number of animals. They won't be actually eating it though.
Lar
Probably rats, tearing it up to make nests. They don't eat it. Check for holes/passages into crawl space.
pak wrote:

Lots of critters, even insects, like it for their nests.