Critters eating leaves of Oakleaf Hydrangea

Hi Everyone,

I have a young Oakleaf Hydrangea, and something is eating the leaves. Any recommendations at to an eco-friendly spray?

Pictures can be seen here:

I see no aphids or ants, but can't ID whatever is causing the damage.

thanks

Reply to
Thomas Kaufman

Spraying only helps if the leaf-eaters are chewing-type insects. If they are snails or slugs, alternative control methods must be used.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Oops! I meant to add that you must therefore try to identify the "critters">

Reply to
David E. Ross