Electrical Wiring

I plan to bring power to my garage's sub-panel from a sub-panel at the pump house. The garage is situated on a rock built-up base/fill. My question is what is the burial requirements at the garage base/fill and at the flat area between the garage and the pump house. I understand that code is 18" with PVC. But that would be hard to do at the garage base/fill. Would Sch 80 PVC require less cover? Any suggestions. Thanks.

Reply to
cmarina98

If underground is difficult, have you considered going with an overhead line?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Galv pipe, 6" or cover the pvc with 2" concrete

Reply to
RBM

You can use rigid galvanized pipe at 6" unless it goes under a driveway. In that case it would have to be 18".

Reply to
John Grabowski

Is there a permit involved? Or any other chance of do gooders intervention?

Steve Barker