Temporaire water into insulation could affect insulation and floor rafters?

Hello,

I did start to do an extension of my cottage. I did create the concrete footings, 15 inches high from ground and build the floor on top of them using 2 x 8 rafters. I did use R28 pink insulation between rafters. I did use 2 layers of vinyl, one under the rafters to support insulation and the other on top. Then I did cover with plywood. After first rain (even I did cover the floor), some water was infiltrated between 2 layers of vinyl, where the insulation is. I did make some holes on lower vinyl layer, to remove the water. Most part of water poured.

My question is: Will be the water still present into the insulation? What do you suggest to me in order dry the insulation. Or the water will evaporate in time? I hope this situation is present until the walls and roof are completed.

Thanks, Christian

Reply to
Chris

Should only have vinyl on the warm (floor) side. Rip off vinyl and fasten galvanized wire between the joists to hold in the insulation.

Reply to
Jeff