costco honda generator

Page 8 of 8

More precise governor adjustment/control.
Hank
Hustlin' Hank wrote:

have no argument with your there, that is why the costco/honda is apparently a good engine/bad briggs&stratton electronics for the governor and I would not recommend it if you want steady voltage at any load using 240v connection
here is the picture
http://i31.tinypic.com/9lll6d.jpg
same equipment at costco for 999.97
http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/images.php?products_id 56
jethro wrote:

I have a Yamaha 2400W (peak) inverter-generator that will put out 2000W continuous. That's enough for me to get by in an emergency if my wife or daughter doesn't try using the microwave or a hair dryer while the air conditioner is running.
If I didn't have that already, I would be *really* tempted to get a knockoff Lister 6/1 diesel engine from India and put a generator head on it. (I just learned about them) 650RPM, relatively quiet, and they'll run forever. With their massive flywheels, they can supply enormous surge current, and the frequency shouldn't vary much. And they are too heavy for the neighbors to steal. ;-)
Bob

Only if you want to BEBUILD them from the Ground up, BEFORE you actually try and run them. These vary in quality from very rough to fairly well done. Some still have casting sand in them and haven't been deburred from the machining. The design is wonderful. NOthing like a real Lister, but the knockoffs are a TOTALLY Different thing altogether... and more have failed than have run good.....
You wrote:

I beg to differ. I have the GTC (Gecko Trading Co) version of the six horsepower cold start Listeroid. It has the original seven bolt head and a chrome bore. An oil filter is also fitted.
No sand or burrs. I know, because I checked it all before firing it up. I even had the head off to make sure all was in order.
Pure simplicity in construction makes it easy to work on.
I purchased mine here:
http://www.ecodieselcanada.com /
I have no business interest or any financial ties with that company. I'm just a customer. I think the PowerAnand engine is the same design and probably are the manufacturers.
http://www.poweranand.com /
mike
--