copper wire scrap

Page 2 of 2
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:16:37 AM UTC-8, dpb wrote:

Dunno how much it weighs but I had to move the barrel and couldn't even tip it on edge to roll. It is the residue of two houses and a schoolhouse. Last burn would have been in the early 80s.
Due to the liability I don't think I will be talking to any more scrap yards unless I find a way to clean it :)
Harry K

They will accept salvaged copper from cleanup after a fire, no problem, so why not from your ancient burn barrel?? I would lay it out on a driveway and have at it with a pressure washer, then bundle up the cleaned copper into "logs" about 4 inches by a foot long , and haul it off to my local recycler - I know my local recycler would take it and at close to the top price.
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:14:12 PM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Up thread someone posted that they take burned copper if one can provide a document from IINM the police that the source was a fire.
Harry K
On 1/30/2014 12:30 AM, Harry K wrote:

copper if one can provide a document from IINM the police that the source was a fire.

Would not want to take burned copper if the source was a hurricane, or flood? Might have got burned copper from a pandemic?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:33:16 AM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The issue is the _burning_ of it, not the cause of it being burned. I seri ously doubt it would be accepted. Burning it is illegal and it could be str ipped. In the case of a pandemic? There are always exceptions and I would guess that the 'document from law enforcement' would cover that.
Harry K