Convection Oven Problem

All,
I have a Jenn-Air wall mount convection oven, model w30400b (an early-mid 90s unit purchased through Sears).
I love it. Has always performed beautifully.
Over the last 3-4 weeks, the brightness of the readout for time/temp has been slowly growing dimmer. It is now totally dark.
My question(s):
Is the readout unit itself defective or is it not getting power such as low voltage DC from a defective circuit board or poor connection?
If the readout is the culprit, where's a good online source?
Would a replacement unit be of current manufacture or from the same batch as my defective unit?
Would appreciate any light you may be able to shed on this repair opportunity.
Art
--
Where we live, "y\'all" is singular, "all y\'all" is plural.

Hi,

New clock time.

Slowly getting dim is the clock itself.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Ni5128 Electronic oven control assembly

Newer than the original.
A Friend wrote:

Wow Jeff, it was great to see a nice direct response. Keep it up.
Finally got around to replacing the oven control assembly on 2/7. New one works perfectly. Thanks for your help!