Tappan Convection oven repair?

It came with the house so is around 25 years old, and a very good oven. Around 7 or 8 years ago the oven started failing and it was the igniter or thermocouple I think. It seems to be failing again, taking longer to turn on, as long as 30 seconds. Experience tells me that it isn't going to get

II see a few things on Ehow about replacing an igniter, but not for a convection oven. I thinking that maybe this is just best to call a local appliance guy rather than try to track down the right part and figure out how to get it in there.

I'd appreciate if anyone with experience with this type of oven could comment on whether it is a do-it-yourself type thing or how much it should cost if done by a pro. I'm reasonably handy and can change a thermocouple on my boiler but that's out in the open. I haven't opened up a stove yet and with the blower and such, this is clearly more complicated.

Reply to
dgk

Wish I was more help. I've never worked on a unit such as this. Sorry.

.

II see a few things on Ehow about replacing an igniter, but not for a convection oven. I thinking that maybe this is just best to call a local appliance guy rather than try to track down the right part and figure out how to get it in there.

I'd appreciate if anyone with experience with this type of oven could comment on whether it is a do-it-yourself type thing or how much it should cost if done by a pro. I'm reasonably handy and can change a thermocouple on my boiler but that's out in the open. I haven't opened up a stove yet and with the blower and such, this is clearly more complicated.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon