Composite versus Vinyl replacement windows

We are in the proceess of replacing windows in our home. One of the sales pitches insisted that vinyl windows which are exposed to prolonged periods of intense sunlight would eventually fail, causing the intert gas between the panes to escape. Their solution was to use composite windows for thoses locations. The cost is significantly more expensive per window. Is this a known fact and something that we should take into consideration? Also, the recomended brand was Renewal by Andersen , which I understand to be a very good brand, but also much more expensive (for both vinyal and composite) . Any recomenadations or guidance would be appreciated.
On 29 Dec 2006 09:00:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

IMHO:
When I price 'upgrades' based on length of life, I try and figure out why they fail?
Does this seller have inferer products, and you have to pay more for the 'good stuff'? I move one to another window seller.
Are the basic products going to outlast my life time? Sure, then I buy and it becomes someone elses problem.
Is the cost justified? I mean, I can buy long lasting light bulbs for 100's of dollars, but who cares.
Just thinking out loud, you can use common sense for most decisions, and you should get more than one 'estimate' for replacing windows. Don't want ot stare at a mistake for decades. ;)
later,
tom @ www.Cupids-Love-Calculator.com
HOGWASH.
On 29 Dec 2006 09:00:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My vinyl windows became brittle after years of sunlight exposure, but the double pane glass isn't affected - it's an entirely separate unit.
Have you heard that window salesmen lie?