Pella Thermastar Vinyl Windows vs. Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows

My husband and I are looking to replace all of the windows in our house. We are looking at Home Depot and Lowe's as our options as they appear to be the most cost saving. We will be using their installation services as well. This is our dilema:

The main difference we have seen is:

Pella offers a lifetime warranty and a limited labor warranty (only 2 years) Jeld-Wen offers a lifetime warranty on parts and labor

however:

The Pella including Lowe's installation costs can cost us less $$$, over $800 worth.

Does anyone have any information regarding either of these brands? Our goal is to find the best bang for our buck without forcing us to borrow money or take out a loan. We don't want to be sorry.

Thanks, KAT & PAT

Reply to
email

There is alot more to windows than warrantys. Go to

Consumer Reports tested 22 windows in an old test it is worth reading. For example there are 3 types of lowE coatings, depending on your location and needs, Pella wood rate poorly on Cdf. You really need to read to learn how to compare windows different ratings.

Reply to
m Ransley