Coleman Residential Furnace

We have a Coleman furnace Model SV9500. The main burner has to cycle numerous times before it stays lit. When heat is demanded it clicks and the glow plug comes on and the burner lites, stays lit just a second then goes out. It then repeats this cycle steadily until finally it stays lit for awhile, then it will start this same cycle all over again. Our repairman has cleaned the flue area inside the furnace and adjusted a pressure switch all to no avail. I believe he is lost. Can anyone give us ideas of where to look or who to contact.
Sounds just like the one I fixed the other week. Likely a bad ground on the flame sensor.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

Contact another repairman.
HeatMan wrote:

Hi, Checked flame sensor? Clean it with fine sand paper. Tony

Ditto....It is a light sensor and is dirty.

Umm..its not a cad sensor on that unit...and it does not detect light.. Only oil units....that one is a gas.

Ok..first, you need a Coleman, or York dealer that knows those units. www.york.com, or www.coleman.com
Click on the find dealer link, and type in your zip code, and it will give you a list of dealers in your area that are qualified to work on the unit.
Now, it COULD be as simple as....reversed polarity at the machine. Common..seen it more than one time. It could be, a dirty flame sensor, or a bad module.....and I would lean towards the module, particularly if its the old Robertshaw grey box...common failure.
Whups..that should be
http://www.colemanac.com /

box...common