Cleaning Pencil Marks on Walls

My three year old son got a hold of a pencil and marked up several walls about three weeks ago just before we took a long trip. I have used an eraser and dishwasher soap to try to clean the marks and it does not seem to be working well. The walls on which the pencil marks are located have latex paint on them. Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of the pencil marks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
JD
Repainting works very well. Paint stores sell what is really a large eraser it might help.
Did you use an art gum eraser? Some sites suggest using toothpaste. BTW, give the kid a pad of paper and tell him what it's for.

Pat
Decij wrote:

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
To send me email, see: http://homepage.mac.com/papakoca /

I use a Pentel Hi-Polymer white eraser, wetting it slightly if that doesn't work when dry. Then paint, if still unsatisfactory. I think the magic eraser is the same stuff.
Roger wrote:

Magic Eraser to remove white board marker from cheap latex paint and avoided the repaint. I've tried all kinds of cleaners and erasers, but this thing actually works for me. Cheap thing to try, and if it works for you like it does for me - you avoid the paint job (bleeping renters!).
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
To send me email, see: http://homepage.mac.com/papakoca /

My wife uses the Mr. Clean thing all the time and it works great. I can't even tell my daughter drew all over my beige office wall with a pencil.
Pick
Try some rubbing alcohol .. .. ..
On 30 May 2004 20:33:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Decij) wrote:

Dont use rubbing alcohol it is The solvent for latex paint, that will guarntee you of a repaint.
Rubbing alcohol.
On 30 May 2004 20:33:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Decij) wrote:

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions, and I will follow up on them.
JD
The Newbie's Voice: I've _heard_ that white bread of the Wonder Bread sort ("tissue paper bread") can take pencil marks off of walls when used like an eraser.
E. P.
try a little tooth paste on a dry cloth on a very small area to see if that will do.
Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand (Gen. Douglas McArthur)! No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do? Arthur, Website: www.arthurhewett.com Email: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net