Cleaning Lead Flashing

I've tried everywhere on the net but can't seem to find any informatio

on cleaning lead. I have a substantial amount of decorative lead flashing on two fron bay windows that are heavily marked with mortar splashes etc. Ca anybody tell me the best way to clean it. I heard something about som kind of special oil for cleaning lead but no more info than that - an advice would be much appreciated

-- MrC

Reply to
MrC

Acid. CLR is a suitable retail product.