Alternative to lead flashing ?

It took a while for anyone to notice, but some pikey scum nicked the lead flashing from our offices. Ok, so it's easy to replace, but what will deter them from nicking the next lot, or is there an alternative material?

Reply to
Grumps

Pretty sure there an aluminium style product. Mind you that's getting valuable too..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mortar fillet and aluminium tape flashing are the alternatives, neither of which perform or last as well. Perhaps painting it with non-drying intruder paint?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Flashband -- tar backed aluminium tape. The tar sticks it to vertical surfaces rather than being dressed in to the brickwork. Doesn't last as long (from wear and tear perspective -- might last longer from theft perspective).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe the answer is to replace the lead properly, and then completely conceal it behind the cheapo flashband?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Cover it all in anti-vandal paint..... both sides. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

It was obviously yourself that nicked it, since you know 'It took a while for anyone to notice' ??? :-)

Reply to
woodglass

That's what I thought. Thanks for all of the ideas. Of course, it ain't got much to do with me, it's the landlord's problem. It'll be interesting to see what gets fitted next.

Reply to
Grumps

Aluminium self adhesive flashing.

value.

Used loads of it last year when the pikeys nicked the lead flashing from 6 local industrial units/offices.

Using some on Thursday for a landlord. Tenant moved out of a flat, took all the appliances, light bulbs etc, didn't pay any utility bills - climbed out of his bedroom window onto the flat roof below & nicked the lead flashing as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You forgot one added little extra

Electrify the f***er :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

The message from Colin Wilson contains these words:

Sadly, doesn't work too well -- too far away from a sound earth. Otherwise I'd use it to address the seagulls-on-flat-roof problem.

Reply to
Appin

It was tongue in cheek, but yeah :-(

Reply to