Cementboard: Nails vs. screws

Time to replace the plastic tub surround with ceramic tile, and the experiences and information I've found here has been invaluable. Thank you. I'll have more questions about this job as I go along, but right now, I've seen screws for cementboard for sale with the boards, but some here say galvanized roofing nails are OK. Wouldn't screws have a greater holding power over nails?
--jim

install thinset under the cement board with a notched trowel and nail down with 2" galv. roofing nails. that is "my" preferred method.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

CBB before the nails pull out. Screws are overkill.
Rick