Ceiling Medalion

Page 3 of 3

I installed one of the plastic ones not long ago. It's basically a fancy plastic picnic plate with a big hole in the middle for a ceiling fan or light fixture. This one came with double-sided tape to hold it to the ceiling. That worked for about 30 seconds, then fell off just as I was raising the ceiling fan. I just tightened the fan fixture, and all was well. There were probably some small gaps, but the client was satisfied, so I was too. If they ever complain, I'll fix it for free.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
John Grabowski wrote:

It depends on what the medalion is made. I think you can get them made of plaster, foam, rubber, plastic. I had a freind that got rich plaster doing restorations. One of his specialties was plaster medalions.
Jimmie

Your installer owes you one . You have rights. Call him back and give him a lecture on good workmanship. His next client might benefit, too.
Joe
I guess I will have to read my installer the riot act. LOL Both of us should have known better. Thanks.
Joe wrote:

Dinner at La Brasserie or equivalent should be sufficient penance. To add romance, order a nice old Chateau LaFitte Rothschild (sp. don't have a bottle handy) and stroll hand in hand through Home depot. Or order in pizza...your call. Cheers,
Joe
Kate wrote:

Hi, When I did it out at my cabin dining room, I ratated it bit by bit to find a best fit and sanding(shaving) to minimize the things like you describe. Then I permanently fixed it. Looks great.
It looks like I will have to take it down and look it over better. We did try rotating it. Lots of good ideas here. Thanks.