Formally 977.

Reply to
Oren

On 3/3/2009 6:55 PM Oren spake thus:

What does the NNTP protocol have to do with anything?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I installed one of the plastic ones not long ago. It's basically a fancy plastic picnic plate with a big hole in the middle for a ceiling fan or light fixture. This one came with double-sided tape to hold it to the ceiling. That worked for about 30 seconds, then fell off just as I was raising the ceiling fan. I just tightened the fan fixture, and all was well. There were probably some small gaps, but the client was satisfied, so I was too. If they ever complain, I'll fix it for free.

Reply to
SteveBell

Posting in these newsgroups? You tell me.

Standards were set for newsgroups. Some folks are not familiar.

I can be wrong, as you can relate?

It was a pointer for the lady; just, imagine.

Without NNTP you would not read this text.

(..move back to a ceiling medallion)

Reply to
Oren

On 3/3/2009 9:12 PM Oren spake thus:

I think the ins and outs of the NNTP protocol are a little beyond what the woman who asked about her medallion wants to deal with, no disrespect to her intended. It's just a matter of learning how to steer your news client to make nicely formatted posts, for which you need to know *nothing* about NNTP (denks Gott!).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
Kate

Whoops, I had checked the right wording, but I checked the area for emails, and not newsgroups. This should do it. If not, I am at a loss. The good thing is that I don't post much here. LOL

Reply to
Kate

On 3/4/2009 12:35 AM Kate spake thus:

[...]

This one worked. By the way, I would recommend bottom-posting for both newsgroups and for email. It just makes more sense (you read from top to bottom, not from bottom to top, right?). It *will* make your emails different from 90% of other's, who just use their email program "out of the box" without bothering to even check their settings, but it will make them more sensible.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl