Ceiling heat

I'm considering buying a small, 800 sq ft, 1961 rancher with electric ceiling heat. Assume this is called radiant heat. My question to you folks:

Any comments on a system of this age?

Does this type heat "wear out" or become inefficient with age?

What may have been negative/positive installation practices in the '60s? I have lived with this type heat before and found it comfortable enough but never investigated its installation. Comments appreciated. You're a good group. Well, most of you. 8^) High

Reply to
MLM