Cascade

Finally got an admission from Proctor & Gamble that Cascade Complete gel should not be used in dishwashers with systems like G.E. Smart Dispense. They have an ongoing problem with the product that is shipped during winter months and is subject to freezing. It causes congealing and plugs the dispenser and causes failure of the system. This has been recurring for the past two winters and they did not notify manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, or consumers. The consumer was left to foot the bill for appliance service calls to correct the problem, which required a new dispenser for my system last year. When the same problem arose this year, I became suspicous and began research. It's like pulling teeth to get admissions of fault from manufacturers. So now comes the disclosure of numerous lawsuits regarding this issue and they have still not notified stores of problems with the product. WHY?

Reply to
Douglas Stanley

  1. Because their beancounters, who *know* their shit when it comes to adding and subtracting, but don't know jack about goodwill or business models, told them to do it that way.
  2. They can justify it because their product is guaranteed & if it looks weird [which it does after being froze] you can take it back and get it replaced.[once you realize that they haven't just changed the formula for some reason]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

this must explain the super thick goo they tried passing off as dishwasher detergent a couple years ago. i irrigated the dispenser and figured they changed formulas.

i changed brands to giant eagles house brand it works great and is cheaper

Reply to
hallerb

I don't have a water/energy wasting machine.

Reply to
LSMFT

The rep specifically said "Do not return the product to the store." They offered me a wad of coupons.

Reply to
Douglas Stanley

The rep has to say that. But I have *never* tried to return a defective product to where I bought it and not been able to get a refund, replacement or store credit.

I'd have said thanks for the coupons, accepted them for my troubles. . . then returned the product to the store.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Believe it or not, machine washing is generally more efficient than hand washing. A couple cites:

Dean Hoffman

That would be a water and energy saving machine. At least unless the norm for you is to just scrape the moldy crud off the plate and use it again for the next meal. Dishwashers use notably less water and less energy than hand washing dishes. They also do a better job cleaning and sanitizing as well.

Reply to
Pete C.