in full detail: (1.1Mb file)
why is this relevent to r.g.e? :)
because finally, i have a way to get the many bean
varieties pictured with some sort of reference to the
color being taken.
as i'd not done any painting type work before (other
than walls and my childhood water color glops) i wasn't
familiar with acrylics. some blobs i could live with.
i had the whole thing done, with numbers on each streak
to keep track of which color is which. then i figured
once acrylics were dry you could treat them like any
other plastic. so i went to clean it off with a spray
of rubbing alcohol and started to rub across the whole
thing. oops! badly smeared a few streaks and ended
up rethinking the whole thing.
ended up taking the numbers off and a fair amount of
the ends of the streaks. 200% improvement in visual
appeal/sense. today, sprayed it with matte finish to
cut down on reflective glare/shine and we're all set
to start taking some bean pictures. :)
i'm not sure what i'll do yet for lighting to get
consistency. probably check out some LEDs as they
should last practically forever if used only a few
dozen hours a year...