finally got color wheel done

in full detail: (1.1Mb file)

why is this relevent to r.g.e? :)

because finally, i have a way to get the many bean varieties pictured with some sort of reference to the color being taken.

as i'd not done any painting type work before (other than walls and my childhood water color glops) i wasn't familiar with acrylics. some blobs i could live with.

i had the whole thing done, with numbers on each streak to keep track of which color is which. then i figured once acrylics were dry you could treat them like any other plastic. so i went to clean it off with a spray of rubbing alcohol and started to rub across the whole thing. oops! badly smeared a few streaks and ended up rethinking the whole thing.

ended up taking the numbers off and a fair amount of the ends of the streaks. 200% improvement in visual appeal/sense. today, sprayed it with matte finish to cut down on reflective glare/shine and we're all set to start taking some bean pictures. :)

i'm not sure what i'll do yet for lighting to get consistency. probably check out some LEDs as they should last practically forever if used only a few dozen hours a year...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I think you are on to something. If you can get that in to print we might all know a really rich artist

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub