Carpet Stains

I recently installed new Dupont, top of the line deep red industrial type tight knit carpet in my living room.
The carpet has got some dark stains that I can't get out using a wet-vac type carpet vacuum. I think the stains come from our cocker spaniel perhaps sleeping in something here in the country and it seeps into the carpet.. no idea what it is..
Can anyone help with the best way to get stains out of carpets.. what products or techniques work?
Thanks so much for any help in advance.
Any good spot remover should work.
candice
I haven't had good results with the wet-vac thing either.. prolly similar
Thanks for the input.

We use Resolve products for stains and they have an enzyme cleaner for pet stains. I've never had anything else work as well.
Someone gave me a can of this carpet & upholstery spot & stain remover, called #1 Stainerator, made by Namco Mfg Inc. I am fairly impressed with how well it works. Easily got out marker stains on the kids' BR floor, and various unidentified stains. If you can get hold of some, try it out.

It may just be body oils from the dog????? My black dog leaves a dark haze on all her bedding. My golden leaves body oil smudges on the drywall along her favorite leaning walls - it comes right off with a soapy sponge (I use Dawn - excellent for removing oils). For colored carpet like that, try a dry solvent like Capture. The deep red color scares me - you'll find that Spot Shot and similar products can indeed take the color out of your carpet. I have noticed it even lightens a typical beige carpet with repeated use. -Amy