Coffee stains in carpet

I had a professional carpet cleaning co out to do all the carpetting. Thought they for sure get these stains out. They didnt. He used a water/chemical/vaccuum system. Is there a good product i can get at the store to remove these coffee stains -- they are about 6 months old and run about 4 feet in length??

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
HVAC IsFun

Strange. I have always been able to remove old coffee stains without a problem. If worse comes to worse, you can try some Clorox solution. I know it sounds extreme, but the carpeting that I have is colorfast even with chlorine bleach. You can mix about a cup of bleach with quart of water blot the area or put some in a spray bottle and mist the stains, then gently rub with a dry cloth. Make sure to test an inconspicuous spot first, like in a closet, to make sure the carpet won't be ruined.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Use an oxygen-based cleaner mixed with hot water. There are several brands available. To be on the safe side, test a carpet area inside a closet first. You may need to repeat the procedure 2 or 3 times, but it will remove the coffee stain. Use a fan to dry the carpet after the treatment to avoid mold/mildew.

Reply to
Phisherman

Coffee, tea, and tomato sauce stains are a few that OxiClean works particularly well on. The solution needs to be hot.

Reply to
jamie

Thanks much for all the advice. Ill try some oxyclean since i have some around here somewhere.....

Reply to
DaveinIllinois

If you find something that works---PLEASE let me know---I've tried EVERYTHING!!

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

Again this is similar to a juice stain and there's an example of stain removal on a carpet on:

follow this and the stain should come out.

Reply to
DrClean

There is a product I know of called PreSpot Plus that will definitely get it out if ANYTHING can. You spray it on and let it soak in the carpet a couple of hours before you rinse with warm water. It usually doesn't a good job and won't discolor the carpet. Smells good too. It even removes paint from clothing and carpet in most cases. They have a couple of other products that you can use to clean your carpet that are awesome too. In fact, a lot of carpet cleaners are using their products because they work so much better and they're great for eliminating odors, ie. pet odors. These products are definitely worth trying out and will help you in so many ways in your house. They are made with all natural ingredients and without the harsh toxins. Go to the following site and request info. on how to get these 100% guaranteed products. We love them! Good Luck-- Bob

Reply to
Karen Neapolitan