Carpet Stains

My mother has a very small, very poorly potty-trained Yorkie who has left many stains on her wall-to-wall carpet.

No matter how many times she cleans with her Hoover SteamVac, the stains reappear after a few weeks. I've cleaned it myself, and believe me, it's not a matter of superficial cleaning or solution left in the carpet!

She lives in Florida, has carpet over a concrete slab, and uses AC and a dehumidifier.

Will professional carpet cleaning be able to remove these stains, or does she need new carpet and/or carpet pads - or worse?

Reply to
nj_dilettante

She needs to get rid of the dog, then replace the carpet.

Or, just live with the dog and the problem.

Another option is to put linoleum flooring.

But that dog + carpet does not compute, if ya know what I mean.

Banty

Reply to
Banty