Car battery

That's the most honest assessmet I've heard in ages.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll agree with that. I killed a marine trolling battery by leaving a Harbor Freight float charger on it. That hydrolyzed all the water and "boiled" it to dryness. Never worked after that.

Also batteries that discharge under some voltage (eight?) seldom come back to life.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have heard/read that Interstate batteries are made by Johnson Controls, as are AutoZone and Energizer (the latter sold at Sam's Club

-- and Costco??)

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Battery life is largely dependent on high temperatures in your area, the hotter the shorter their life

my family in phoenix reports 3 years or less.

some vehicles today put the battery in the trunk to keep them away from high underhood temperatures.... long wiire length may be a issue.

personally I prefer to replace mine no mre than every 3 or 4 years tops, with die hard gold battery that has about double the life supposedly.

I USED to buy a lot of alternators, since I went to replace before failure althernator replacement is a rare event.

Reply to
hallerb

My best friend bought sunoco true blue batteries at that time, he still has the vehicles:)

When his first lifetime battery died sunoco gave him a free battery and complete refund for original purchase sunoco went out of the battery business.

sunoco got sued and lost. he got paperwork on how to get warranty replacements and has been getting free batteries ever since:)

Although the last time he called no one appeared to know how to handle it. Employees suggested the warranty was now definetely over.

Reply to
hallerb

So how do you know it wouldn't have "crapped out" the next summer had you stayed in Vermont?

Reply to
Ron

theres a easy test for battery quality. just pick up the size for your vehicle. invariably longer warranty heavier cranking amps means the battery physically weighs more.

your better off buying your battery from a busy place, inventory turns faster. some batteries at k mart have been there for a year slowly discharging and aging dont buy a new but elderly battery

Reply to
hallerb

Great right up until it doesn't.

Reply to
Ron

I got 3 free replacements on my lifetime guaranteed battery. However on the 3rd replacement they refunded my original purchase price as long as I waived any more replacements. I accepted since I was getting rid of the vehicle anyway.

Reply to
KC

Reply to
Doug Miller

All right, that's enough.

Chris, you've ignored repeated polite requests to fix your broken posting format. I can see only two possible explanations: you don't care that what you're doing bothers other people, or you're not smart enough to fix the problem or seek help from someone else who is.

Either way, I'm done reading your posts. Welcome to the killfile.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Obsess much? I'm top posting just for fun. Say goodnight, Gracie!

Doug Miller wrote the following:

Reply to
willshak

Because I know how batteries (don't) work. Heat kills.

Reply to
krw

Also note that the battery in a 100F Alabama Summer doesn't need *nearly* as much juice to start a car as they do in a -30F Vermont Winter. Cold may suck, but heat kills.

Reply to
krw

Yes, Interstate is one of the best, if not the. They also take care of them by keeping them charged and rotating the inventory.

Reply to
krw

Just because they're made by the same company doesn't mean they're the same batteries. They aren't, and they're not treated the same before sale.

Reply to
krw

interstate brand isnt a guarantee of anything.

many years ago my spiffey new interstate battery repeatedly let me down at wierd times. auto parts store refused to replace it blaming everything but the battery.

one day I got stuck and got towed in told sears just replace the battery problem over:)

I gave the battery to a friend he cut it open doing a autopsey, two plates were slightly bent, when temps got high they must of touched and shorted.

That was 30 + years ago, I never bought a interstate after that!

Reply to
hallerb

That doesn't answer the question.

Reply to
Ron

That still doesn't answer the question.

Reply to
Ron

It's made by Exide, the same company that makes 90% of the rest of the batteries sold in the US.

nb

Reply to
notbob