Can anyone identify this water pressure regulator

Page 2 of 2

I have rebuilt Watts regulator (valve seal,valve stem, and diaphram) but to get a wrench (and back-up wrench) in there...you will still need quite a hole!

Mine was a royal pain to get at too. Now is the time to take care of that so you can get to it easy next time.
JImmie

The rebuild kit for mine was not much less than a whole new unit. Slapped it in and turned the water back on.
It was suggested by 2 different plumbing supply houses that rebuilding them is just not worth the trouble.
On 6/9/2010 2:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I replaced ours last year. It was a quick job because it had a half union. Just out of curiosity I asked how much the rebuild kit cost and it was only a few bucks less than a brand new regulator. They said no one ever buys them for that reason.
Same thing with the single handle laundry valve. It had a little drip. The rebuild kit was $1 less than a new valve and looked like it would be a bear to install. I removed two screws, swapped the valve assembly, installed the screws and the job was done.

re: "It was a quick job because it had a half union."
Did you have to sweat anything?
Mine had a union, but even after loosening it, there was no way to get the regulator out.
I had to cut a pipe on one side and sweat in a repair coupling.
It was no big deal...less work that adding the access panel to close off the hole in the ceiling.
That was fun...feel free to ask how I did that - and made it look good too.