Buy at Sears?

Have you heard the rumor that Sears pays the full salaries of employees who are called to service in the Military? Truth or myth? True. While many employers are only required to hold the jobs for reservist's called to service, Sears pays their full salary, for up to two years, while they serve. Go Crapsman!

Usual disclaimer applies. Reported on CNN news this morning.

Reply to
willshak

As a former employee of Sears (part time stint about 5 years ago) I can confirm that Sears does pay FULL salary and maintains ins for the employee. I think however it is only for a certain period of time. Maybe 1 year, I am not sure but they do keep the checks coming.....

One good thing bout Sears!!

SD

Reply to
SHOPDOG

on 12/24/2007 10:22 AM SHOPDOG said the following:

As I said, 'for up to two years'.

Reply to
willshak

I don't believe it for one. For another thing it wouldn't be for ALL employees, only corporate ass suckers.

Reply to
Broderick Crawford ililililil

From Sears Holdings Corporation Webpage:

"One aspect of Sears Holdings' commitment to the military - our Military Service pay differential and benefits continuation program - has received a fair bit of grassroots attention in the past couple of years. I have seen a number of emails and blog entries about this program, most of which ask whether it's true or an urban legend. The initial skepticism is understandable, given the unfounded rumors and exaggerations that can circulate on the Internet, but in this case the program is real. For associates of Sears Holdings (other than certain part-time and seasonal associates) who are called to duty in the National Guard or Reserve, we make up any difference between the associate's pay at Sears Holdings and his or her military pay - for up to five years. We will also hold a comparable position for an eligible deployed employee for up to five years, and allow those employees to continue most benefits while deployed. Since 2001, we have had over 3,500 associates participate in our military leave program; at present, there are about 400 Sears Holdings associates in the program. We are proud to support these individuals as they serve our Nation."

Read here:

Under "Legacy and Heritage", near the bottom of the page.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

gee something K Mart management didnt elminate yet......

how amazing

Reply to
hallerb

on 12/24/2007 12:34 PM J.A. Michel said the following:

Doesn't matter. Broderick Crawford (isn't he dead?) will still find fault with it. For some people, once they hate something, for whatever reason, nothing will change their minds. It's just a sickness. Don't bother trying.

Reply to
willshak

hi bill sears as a corportaion deserves to die.....

if you call sears service to have a furnace with air serviced, or say a washer and a dryer both serviced as part of the same call with the same tech they charge extra travel time......

that is a complete bogus rip off, and because of that i quit shopping at sears for nearly everything

Reply to
hallerb

That is partly true. What they do is pay the difference between military salary and the Sears salary.

I wonder if any other companies do this. Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob