Blown insulation

This house has blown insulation in the attic and has been making the ceiling sag for quite a few years and now the ceiling needs to be replaced in several rooms.
Can I just throw that insulation away or do I need to do anything special with it?
Is it normal for this type of insulation to make a ceiling sag?
Blown insulation weighs next to nothing. Your ceiling sag is likely due to some other factor- leaky roof, ceiling poorly attached to the joists, etc.

Unless someone used rocks for insulation, that is not your problem. Look for other reasons for the damage to your ceiling. water damage is common.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Robert Greenwood wrote:

Some say 1/2" drywall on 24" centre ceiling joists/trusses will sag on it's own. The inspector where I'm building said 1/2" is ok by code but recommends 5/8" on my 24" centre ceilings trusses. You haven't given us much to go on. If it's not a moisture problem like others have suggested and you are going to redrywall then you may want to find out if I'm right.
Good luck Lorence
I think I'll get into the attic tomorrow and check for water.
It's been a long time since I've been up there but I have checked during some heavy rain storms and found no water or dampness.