blown in insulation

Could someone tell me how many inches of insulation is required for R38 factor? Thanks

Reply to
lindy

What are you blowing in? Cellulose/ Fiberglass? Mineral wool? Soy? Check the manufacturer's specifications.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It depends on the material. It should be indicated on the package. You will also note that it depends on how compressed it is.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

This is Turtle.

I have the Cellulose blown in my attic and I have paid everyday since for it. Afterwards i have to dust atleast every 3 or 4 days and change my filter on the air conditioner every week. The Cellulose has a fine dust that will leak into your house over time and you will see it everywhere. Before I had it blown in i would dust every 2 or 3 weeks and change the filter on the hvac system every 1 to 2 months.

Now it has been in here about 6 or 7 years and the dust has slowed down to about

1/3 as bad now.

I wished i had never did it ! I would use anything but Cellulose blown in insulation.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

It's written on the side of the bag.